We were invited for a Preview of the New Menu at Stone Water Grill, Now if you are from Pune you know which place I am talking about . Stone Water does not need an introduction and yes it’s opened again.
This place was a place to be seen earlier and will be now too , if you were not here on the weekend then you have not partied , period. The A Listers, celebs and the Who’s who of town were a part of it regularly and then one day it just closed down.
Now with a brand new look and a futuristic interior and food which is truly international I believe this place will go a longer way than before.
The menu crafted by the city’s very own culinary expert Chef Shailendra Kekade, aims at taking fusion cuisine to a different level all together.
So here it goes……….
- Light Tomato ‘Tea’ with Ginseng and Ginger
- Chilled Pomegranate Gazpacho
- Chicken and Mushroom Broth
- The Stone Water Greek
- Beetroot and Fennel with Mixed Leaves with mustard dressing, orange “chuunda”
- Charred Peaches with Baby Spinach with hazelnut nougat, coriander gremolata
- Soy Roast Duck and Water Chestnut with medicinal herbs and pomegranate
- Grilled Wasabi Cottage Cheese with papaya salsa
- Melon v/s Feta with reduced balsamic caramel
- Duet of Mozzarella and Smoked Norwegian Salmon with basil pesto and passion fruit vinegar
- Tenderloin Carpaccio “Three Way” pickled, smoked and tartare, almond flakes and parmesan
Wood Fired Pizza
- German Cheese Sausage and Garlic Krakauer
Pasta and Risotto
- Roasted Potato Gnocchi, Whey Emulsion with beetroot tmatcha, green peas, summer veggies
- Grilled Vegetable and Roasted Pepper Tortellini with crème fraiche, toasted garlic crumbs
- Smoked Cous Cous, Cauliflower and Root Vegetable Tagine with crisp chickpea ‘chaat’
- Creamy Cottage Cheese Steak, Roasted Veg ‘Bhartaa’ with smoked tomato emulsion
- Chilli Smoked Duck Breast with hoisin pakchoi, ginger kokum jus
- Charred Filet Mignon with mushy peas, wasabi foam
- Malai Coconut” Panacotta with green peppercorn and kaffir lime gastrique
- Caramelized Bacon Ice Cream with air dried mélange of fruits.
- The Opera amaretto macaroon
A special thanks to Chef Shailendra Kekade for remembering Farzana’s birthday and bringing her birthday with this wonderful creation.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Riyaaz Amlani, CEO and MD, Impresario Hand Made Restaurants says, “Stone Water Grill has been Pune’s most celebrated restaurant. Pune, according to me is the metro superseded only by Mumbai and New Delhi. We want to offer Punekars a world class dining experience by presenting our guests a menu that boasts of gastronomic creativity offered at a value price. With elegant interiors juxtaposed by the natural beauty of the river, Stone Water Grill makes a comeback into the city to serve its patrons and offer them an exceptional dining experience.”
Mr. Amit Bhosale, MD, ABIL Group, who has partnered with Impresario for Stone Water Grill, says “I’m pleased to say that Stone Water Grill is reopening. Its presence was sorely missed in the Pune dining out scene, and I am glad that Pune now can boast of a stand-alone restaurant of a quality that can hold its own against the finest restaurants in the world not just for its menu but also its stunning ambiance and location.”